1. You are your surroundings. Put yourself in a completely foreign situation for a couple days and you will learn more about yourself than you will think possible.
2. There is a very fine line between doing too much and too little for your garden. Unfortunately, I haven’t let mother nature do enough as of late. Sorry about that, Nature! Will you please allow my vegetables to keep growing?
3. You should always check the airfare rules for flying. You don’t want to be like me and have all of your shampoo, conditioner and sunscreen tossed by a flight attendant because you forgot how many ounces of liquid you could take on the plane. Oops…
4. Becoming older isn’t so bad, especially if you are feeling wiser.
5. It’s okay to be naive sometimes.
6. Being married to your true love is one of the most rewarding things in life…it’s indescribable how happy it makes me.
7. Most of the time, I would rather get rid of stuff than accumulate more. Sounds like my husband is rubbing off on me a little…he’s a minimalist.
8. “To be nobody but yourself – in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you like everybody else – means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight – and never stop fighting.” -e.e. cummings
What have you learned lately?